1st Line IT Support Technician
About the role:
The role involves providing on-site and remote technical troubleshooting, high quality customer-focused support, training and mentoring, within a busy Service Desk environment.
The successful candidate will work confidently in a fast-paced environment which requires a flexible approach. This role will suit someone with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and an enthusiasm for excellent customer service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support via the telephone and other contact methods to troubleshoot & support workstation, laptop, printer, mobile device, operating system, software & user education issues
- Assist senior colleagues in the diagnosis & resolution of server & network faults
- Perform administration tasks under guidance from senior colleagues.
- Escalate problems / business continuity events as appropriate to 3rd parties, senior colleagues and management
- Document recurring issues and system best practices
- Perform regular system health checks to ensure continuous system operation
- Pro-actively seek out & resolve issues by liaising & engaging with staff at all levels
- Complete work in line with agreed targets / KPIs
Experience & Knowledge:
- A sound technical grounding, including a good understanding of networking principles and Microsoft server and desktop environments
- Excellent communication, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Reliability and a willingness to solve client demands
- A keenness for new experiences, responsibility and accountability
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with customers and fellow colleagues
- Able to prioritise tasks whilst maintaining a clear customer focused approach
- Relevant CompTia or MCP qualifications are an advantage