Flexible across all sites
About the role:
As a business analyst you will be working with Operational Teams across all business functions. You will perform a key role in managing change and helping to identify improvements and build new systems to help drive the business forward.
Your role will be to review business processes, gain a complete and detailed understanding of current procedures document and diagram processes.
Working with stake holders and subject matter experts across multiple projects, you will be well organised, have an inquisitive mind with a high attention to detail.
The role will require you to facilitate workshops and meetings
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with internal business units to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- Work with stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service / function / product provided by information services
- Use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for operational improvements and changes
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Produce written documentation to describe the current state of a business function, as well as the desired target state
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes requested by the various business units
- Facilitating meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
Experience & Knowledge:
- Ideally 3 years previous experience working in a Business / Systems Analysis role; A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- A strong understanding of information technology
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Strong skills in generating process documentation suited to the task and the business audience receiving it
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Solid experience and understanding of the full project lifecycle.
Previous experience within a legal or insurance environment.