Credit Hire Litigator
Tithebarn Street Liverpool
To be responsible for dealing with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated Claimant credit hire claims.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Dealing with all aspects of litigated claims involving Road Traffic Accidents and /or any files of a technical nature, which you may from time to time be asked to advise on, handle and/or progress.
- Progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Prioritising urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Review and assess defence as and when received, dealing with any issues in a timely manor.
- Obtain judgments where needed.
- Seek instructions on any counter claim/ produce reply to defence’s where necessary.
- Make applications / consent order where needed in line with court rules
- Review defendant evidence with an eye on prospects of success in the case at all times
- Obtain all relevant information from the client / source in respect of the case and ensure all evidence required is obtain and disclosed in good time.
- Review and asses BHR evidence/ obtain rebuttal evidence as and when necessary
- Review and follow all court orders to ensure we comply with the court
- Avoid wasted costs in all cases
- Instructing Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMCs , providing a full brief in every case.
- Able to assess offers and make decisions on counter offers with prospects and risk in mind.
- Have relevant experience of having handled claims involving credit hire issues
- To have a good working knowledge relevant case law and/or legislation
- Ensuring clients are kept informed and up to date on a regular basis throughout the life of the claim.
- Speaking to and updating referrers as often as possible to ensure a consistency of service and to ensure referrer’s loyalty to the Firm
- Checking the authenticity and validity of claims by speaking with clients regularly on potentially difficult files
- Building a relationship with all external clients to minimise the possibility of complaints and to enhance the reputation of the firm and the service it provides
- Ensuring that any BTE and/or ATE insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims
- Achieve all individual targets and contribute to team/department performance by assisting colleagues to ensure team targets are met
- Deal with post, telephone calls and e-mails within agreed service levels
- Maintain files to agreed standards
- Adhere to working practices, policies and procedures including in regulatory and compliance matters
- Fulfil all other duties necessary to the role
Experience & Knowledge:
- A good working knowledge of the CPR, case law and legislation
- A good working knowledge of the law relating to credit hire
- An ability to work in an organised manner
- Excellent client care and communication skills
- Solicitor, Filex or handler with similar experience of 3+ years
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working model (in relevant role)
- 2 x Volunteering days to support charitable initiatives
- Matched Giving – up to £250 matched for personal charity fundraising for a registered charity
- Medicash cash plan – claim back dental / physio / optical appointments
- My Medicash App – including access to rapid digital physiotherapy and skin cancer screening assessments plus fitness videos and wellbeing tools
- Discounts and cash back on travel and shopping through Medicash extras
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- Funded driving theory test (in relevant role)
- Active network of Wellbeing Champions – providing mental health support
- Training and development opportunities
- Funded social events to connect with your colleagues
- Dress for your day policy