Database SQL Developer
Birkenhead or Liverpool
Salary: £35,000.00 - £45,000.00
You will be responsible for shaping the strategy, developing, testing, maintaining and improving our existing and new databases and make sure they run smoothly.
You will work closely with the development teams to ensure the flow of data through the business is given the appropriate consideration.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain stable, reliable and available databases in accordance with requirements.
- Suggest industry best practice improvements for existing data architecture and identify areas for improvement.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Work collaboratively to improve application performance and resolution to queries.
- Work closely with existing developers to share knowledge and act as a mentor to the team on DBA functions.
- Ensure all processes are fully documented and kept up to date.
- Research new technologies and products to assist in maintenance and delivery of database services.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security quality, privacy and integrity and perform bug fixes.
- Monitor database system performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Optimisation of SQL Queries and database structures.
- Knowledge and provision of SQL queries for data analysis both within the team and around the business, using agreed definitions and standardised logic.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven experience as a database developer with data warehousing experience preferable.
- Hands on experience with managing SQL databases.
- Ability to correctly interpret front end user requirements.
- Experience of Database design and documentation best practice.
- Experience of Database security and integrity best practice.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup and recovery processes.
- Team player.
- Ability to manage workload according to business priorities.
- Detail Oriented and able to cope with rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to be objective.
- Working knowledge of producing data for use within industry standard Analytics and Reporting tools.