Development Team Leader
Flexible across all sites
About the role:
We are recruiting for a Development Team Leader to join our Software Development Team.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Senior, Mid-level and Junior developers. Even though this is a hands-off role, previous technical knowledge and experience is required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead an experienced team of full-stack, front-end and back-end developers in the creation of high quality software, workflows and process within agreed project deadlines
- Carry out Agile ceremonies that are pertinent to the method used
- Build and Shape the Team to meet objectives.
- Working with the Software Development Manager to set team goals and objectives
- Inspire and motivate team members at all levels
- Take high level ownership of all work within the team.
- Provide reporting into the Software Development Manager so that there is clear visibility of work in progress
- Work closely with peers in the business to understand business process and requirements.
- Promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you engage with.
- Assist in the design and implementation of standards and procedures to ensure consistency when developing high quality software. Ensure that team members understand and follow standards.
- Ensure the consistency in technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Suggest better solutions to problems
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- Carry out regular 1-2-1s with the team
- Escalate issues to the Software Development Manager
Experience & Knowledge:
- 3-5 Years in a similar role
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team
- Kanban experience
- Dev Ops Experience
- Software Deployment
- Development governance
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of software lifecycle management using agile, waterfall etc.
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team building skills
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to be objective