Head of Recoveries
Leonard House - Birkenhead
Identify opportunities and market leading strategies in the recovery legal services sector of the insurance industry, delivering business growth together with a positive impact on the financial results of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of Carpenters recovery function across insurance recoveries (white-labelled), legal pre-litigated, and litigation.
- Production of management information, with the support of Carpenters’ Business Intelligence Team.
- Analysis of MI.
- Communication of performance analysis to the insurance and legal recoveries managers and team, to drive performance.
- The development and implementation of effective recovery strategies to maximise insurer client outcomes.
- Presenting and analysing performance MI to insurer clients as part of the account management function in relation to insurer recovery services.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries on individual files, raised both internally and by insurer clients.
- The implementation of agreed strategy, operational plans, policies, procedures and targets
- The monitoring and delivery of operating and financial performance of the recoveries function.
- The assessment and control of risk and quality of service across the recovery teams
- The prioritisation and allocation of resources
- Monitoring, leading and reporting of competitive and regulatory forces within the market – to both insurance clients and internal team
- Thought leadership in the recovery sector
Experience & Knowledge:
- A lawyer with extensive experience in both standard and non-standard outlay recovery services.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the recoveries sector and the associated insurance market