Human Resources Apprentice
Flexible across all sites
We are currently seeking a proactive, organised and reliable person who is excited by the opportunity to develop a career in human resources and to participate in our Level 3 Human Resources Apprenticeship programme. We will support your development as you study towards your qualification.
As an HR Apprentice, you will gain exposure to a wide range of experiences and will learn about policy and procedures that support Carpenters Group as part of their their people processes. You will principally be providing support to the Employee Relations team, however, you will operate as part of the wider People team and also support Recruitment and L&D as required. It’s important for any HR professional to have exposure to all areas of generalist HR to help build their career.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will be given responsibility to manage a varying work load with some exposure to complex HR matters and shadow the team to enable you to put your theoretical learning into practice.
You will work as part of a People team of 12, who are professional, friendly and will welcome you in to the team to support your career progression
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of our HR policies and procedures
- Collate data accurately and effectively
- Answer and screen calls in a professional manner
- Accurately record and process updates from the absence phone line
- Manage the HR Department email inbox, redirecting to correct team members
- Support the HR team in the handling of ER related issues such as performance management and disciplinary matters
- Prepare and update employee files, departmental trackers, case management and HR systems
- Tracking new starter probationary periods and Fit Note expiry dates, whilst providing reminders of related activities as required
- Conduct health reviews and welfare conversations, as required
- Provide administration support to the People team, as required
Experience and Knowledge:
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with a general willingness to learn.
- Interested in Human Resources with a good understanding of what the function involves.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal skills, when communicating with colleagues at all levels.
- Work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Excellent IT/keyboard skills with a confident telephone manner
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working model (in relevant role)
- 2 x Volunteering days to support charitable initiatives
- Matched Giving – up to £250 matched for personal charity fundraising for a registered charity
- Medicash cash plan – claim back dental / physio / optical appointments
- My Medicash App – including access to rapid digital physiotherapy and skin cancer screening assessments plus fitness videos and wellbeing tools
- Discounts and cash back on travel and shopping through Medicash extras
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- Funded driving theory test (in relevant role)
- Active network of Wellbeing Champions – providing mental health support
- Training and development opportunities
- Funded social events to connect with your colleagues
- Dress for your day policy