Tithebarn Street Liverpool
About the role:
- Devise and deliver legal training in line with the Legal Training Policy in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the continued contribution to the firm’s quality of all services offered.
- Achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and contribute positively to the team performance
- Provide feedback reports on activities or risks identified to the Legal Training Manager on a weekly/monthly basis, or as required.
- Monitor legal training evaluation feedback forms to ensure a continual contribution to the firm’s quality of all services offered.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, prepare, facilitate and/or review all areas of the legal training to meet the needs of the business, including amending all training documentation as and when required, in accordance with procedural updates and legislative and regulatory guidelines.
- Keep up to date with developments within the legal sector and company systems, practices and procedures.
- Support the business in providing quality and meaningful legal training data in line with the Legal Training Policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Training Manager following the identification of any risk, training or performance needs.
- Actively promote and represent the Legal Training Department throughout the whole business and to external bodies.
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties within the remit of this position required of the jobholder from time to time. Carpenters reserve the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the jobholder.
Experience & Knowledge:
- At least 8 years’ experience in the conduct of personal injury litigation.
- Experience and expertise in areas of Portal, Fast Track and Multi-Track claims.
- Experience and knowledge of Defence work and Serious Injury claims.
- High awareness of other relevant areas of regulation and/or statutory legislation affecting the industry.
- Ability to prepare and deliver training in a confident, creative and professional manner.
- Ability to interpret information, identify risk and provide feedback in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to meet business and department deadlines.
- A recognised training qualification or a willingness to undertake progress towards a recognised and relevant qualification.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of motor and legal expenses insurance.
- A knowledge of VisualFiles Legal claims management system
- An understanding of insurance claims handling processes, including, but not limited to: first party and third party claims, third party intervention, hire and recovery.
- An awareness and understanding of ICOBS 8 and Treating Customers Fairly.
- An understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Strong IT/case management skills.