Motor Supply Chain Manager
Birkenhead or Liverpool
As the Motor Supply Chain Manager, it is essential that you have technical and specialist knowledge of supplier contractor management from within the motor insurance industry. You will also have a previous track record of sourcing and securing new suppliers through to implementation and providing an ongoing supplier relationship performance management structure.
Preferred but not crucial, you will have motor engineering background and strong understanding of the motor engineering and motor-body repair industry.
Just as importantly, you must be driven, self-motivated and engaging, with a genuine passion for the claims industry. You will be working in an organisation where high performance, accountability and empowerment are valued and rewarded.
Our business is growing and one of the many benefits of working at Carpenters is the breadth of activities and projects you will be involved in, building experience in other areas of the Insurance industry.
You will report directly to the Commercial Operations Director alongside our Account management and other Supply Chain team members.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Along with the ongoing review of performance ensuring the delivery of service against commercial and customer KPI’s, you will be expected to be connected to the motor claims industry, you will drive for continuous improvement by identifying and implementing improvements in the process.
- Defining the supply chain strategy to meet forecasted demand and keep us connected to Industry leaders and innovators
- Managing the maintenance and development of the master list of contracted suppliers that are market leading
- Ensuring fulfilment of client requirements through integration of the end-to-end processes across operations
- Own and develop supplier reporting, providing strategic market insight and recommendations for service or commercial improvement
Experience & Knowledge:
- Demonstrable evidence of operating services that include a supply chain to meet client needs
- Experience in procurement and supplier relationship management
- Demonstrable evidence in senior-level client engagement to influence change, directly and through collaboration with account management teams
- Evidence of operating in a high transaction volume service business with multiple supplier relationships and commercial models
- Experience in managing business projects
- Excellent verbal communication skills at all levels
- Experience of sourcing processes and e-tools
- Proven proficiency in prioritising critical issues and managing workflow