Multi Track Legal Advisor
Tithebarn Street Liverpool
To manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RTA and EL/PL cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate. It will be part of your role to identify and escalate cases where the Client has a more serious injury that may take it outside the portal. Identifying such cases will be a KPI for this role. You will be supervised and supported by senior lawyers within the team.
To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business. To secure positive client feedback via trust pilot and google reviews.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA, EL and PL Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices
- To proactively identify cases that can be dropped out of the Portal and cases that have potential to be Multi Track or Serious injury. This will be a KPI.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously
- To achieve targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity and always acting in our clients best interests.
- To manage schedule items/to do lists/court diary effectively
- To ensure that any mistakes are quickly brought to the attention of your line manager
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum
- To attend training courses identified as necessary for your development
- To assist other members of the team when requested
- To attend and assist an needed with any work related fundraising, charitable events or activities as reasonably requested by your line manager
Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA/ Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases. Ideally, the candidate will also have experience of handling EL/PL portal cases too this this is not essential.
- Experience of running cases all the way through to conclusion.
- Excellent negotiation and strong communication skills
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Excel)
- Good attention to detail, focusing on delivering a quality service
- A proven record of strong client care including google or trust pilot reviews
- Green Audit reports