Pre Litigation Legal Advisor
Leonard House - Birkenhead
About the role:
To manage a caseload of RTA recovery cases, whilst delivering robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on maximising recoveries within agreed timescales and to contribute to the general success of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of recovery files, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To ensure that the case management system is used and updated at all times.
- To use all communication mediums to ensure that cases are progressed as quickly as practicable.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that source and lay clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to pass to the recoveries Litigation team as soon as possible.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to risks.
- To help the team achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, monies recovered and lifecycles without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business
Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous experience of dealing with customers or other stakeholders in a customer service environment
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of RTA recovery or ULR claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases. Knowledge of liability issues including Road Traffic Act and Article 75
- Team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative
- Resilient – able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and be passionate about developing a career in personal injury