Scottish Operations Manager
The is a new role. The role holder will be responsible for the effective management of the performance of the Scottish Office . They will be required to take ownership and responsibility for daily operational matters, as well assist as assisting the Head of Scottish Operations in the longer term development of business opportunities for the site.
The role requires an individual who is confident, able to motivate, lead and develop team performance. The role holder will need to ensure delivery of robust quality claims handling, increased litigation throughout the office, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the office and business as a whole.
The position requires confidence, enthusiasm and a proactive approach to develop and expand the teams, ensuring handlers deliver a client focused, profitable service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage team performance in line with business and team objectives, be accountable for their performance and drive delivery against the agreed KPIs.
- Conduct monthly, documented 1-2-1 meetings, and quarterly reviews for all direct reports.
- Drive and increase litigation rates across the office
- Hold regular briefing sessions with team Managers/Deputies to ensure communication remains relevant and effective and that teams are aware of business priorities and objectives
- Provide effective people management to Team Leaders/deputies and drive agreed behaviours.
- Ensure that the teams are achieving the right outcome for clients and optimising each client’s claim.
- To manage resourcing and workloads across the site, including recruitment.
- Identify development and/or training needs in direct reports and wider teams
- Identify and address any performance issues or concerns in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure the teams deliver an excellent level of customer service, are managing the client expectations and proactively progress claims.
- Managing risk within the teams, including completion of Supervisor entries, producing and monitoring relevant reports.
- Analyse daily MI, and manage Team Leaders/deputies to ensure any necessary adjustments are made.
- To highlight any potential breaches to the Head of Scottish Operations and the Compliance department.
- Keep up to date with all industry changes including case law, legislation and other matters of relevance.
- Inform the Head of Scottish Operations and HR of any employee issues.
- Handle complaints in accordance with the firm’s internal Complaints Procedure.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
Key Performance Indicators
The following KPIs will apply; this list is not exhaustive and may change as the business develops:
- Fee Income and profit costs
- Litigation and Settlement rates
- WIP recording
- Average case turnaround
- Cases closed without profit, with disbursement expenditure and write offs
- Client retention and satisfaction
- Compliance with SLAs and audit requirements
Experience & Knowledge:
- Qualified Solicitor, Member/Fellow of CILEX or an experienced Lawyer with at least 5 years’ personal injury experience
- Ability to use Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Ability to compile and analyse data and take action according to the results
- Commercially minded, and able to see opportunities to optimise outcomes on cases, both for the client and the firm
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office
- High standard of quality of work, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in presenting data to an audience in a straightforward way
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead by example. Confidence to challenge accepted working practices and offer solutions
- Maintain a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative in problem solving
- Resilient - able to deal with a fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives, and motivating team to do so
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and their team, whilst seeking ways to add value to the firm