Senior Visualfiles Developer
Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, adhering to the agile development approach employed by the development team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of Visualfiles Legal and Insurance functionality provided by the business – coding in a way that is simple, easy to follow and adheres to Carpenters development standards.
- Work closely with BA's, departments and key business stakeholders through the full project lifecycle.
- Attend project meetings and lead technical discussions to ensure projects progress to agreed timescales.
- Follow Carpenters Corporate change management processes and promote these within the team and the wider organisation, ensuring that all aspects of the change management process are adhered to.
- Coach and mentor junior developers in the Legal and Insurance Visualfiles systems, assist with queries and scripting issues arising within the team.
- Support, promote and update the internal VF Development knowledge base and Wiki pages.
- Manage own workload and assist in the management of developers workloads where needed, ensuring business priorities are met.
- Take a lead in researching the most effective ways of employing code within the Visualfiles systems.
- Explore and assist in implementing other technologies that link to Visualfiles.
- Code review developers output, providing clear constructive feedback where required.
- Research and employ Visualfiles coding standards and promote these within the team.
- Work with the systems architecture team to provide knowledge, support and solutions.
- Report to the Visualfiles Development Team Manager and working alongside the Visualfiles Development Deputy Team Manager.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 5+ years of Visualfiles development experience.
- Strong attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical people with great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to identify areas of improvement and suggest solutions to IT management.
- Is approachable and able to motivate other members of the team.
Here at Carpenters group diversity and inclusion matters, it is integral to our culture and we welcome applications from everyone. We celebrate difference and believe in equal opportunities for all.
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working model (in relevant role)
- 2 x Volunteering days to support charitable initiatives
- Matched Giving – up to £250 matched for personal charity fundraising for a registered charity
- Medicash cash plan – claim back dental / physio / optical appointments
- My Medicash App – including access to rapid digital physiotherapy and skin cancer screening assessments plus fitness videos and wellbeing tools
- Discounts and cash back on travel and shopping through Medicash extras
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- Funded driving theory test (in relevant role)
- Active network of Wellbeing Champions – providing mental health support
- Training and development opportunities
- Funded social events to connect with your colleagues
- Dress for your day policy