Software Development Manager
Birch House - Seacombe
About the role:
We are recruiting for a Software Development Manager to join our IT Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will help define our innovation strategy, and work with the existing team to develop software and process that will drive efficiencies across the business.
Using best of breed technology, you will be responsible for leading, managing and motivating the development function to deliver solutions and services that will help shape and drive our business forward.
Being an ideas person, this is an opportunity to define a role within our organisation that will not only change the way that we develop solutions, but also how development can facilitate change at the core of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as a key member of the IT Leadership Team to help define Strategy and Process for all work streams
- Shape and Build the Team to meet objectives
- Manage stakeholders through the project delivery lifecycle in conjunction with the wider project teams
- Lead a team of Developers in the creation of high quality software, workflows and process within agreed project deadlines
- Manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary
- Set team and lead developer goals and objectives
- Manage train and guide lead developers
- Inspire and motivate team members at all levels
- Take high level ownership of all work within the team
- Ensure all new team members are mentored and ensure established team members are provided required support to develop and grow in their roles
- Provide reporting into the business so that there is clear visibility of all the work in development
- Work closely with peers in the business to understand business process and requirements
- Promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you engage with
- Assist in the design and implementation of standards and procedures to ensure consistency when developing high quality software. Ensure that team members understand and follow standards
- Ensure the consistency in technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Ensure consistency with brand guidelines and other 3rd party branding
- Suggest better solutions to problems
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
Experience & Knowledge:
- 3 – 5 Years in a similar role
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team
- Data warehousing
- Dev Ops Experience
- Automated Testing
- Software Deployment
- Development governance
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker
- Problem Solver
- Good understanding of software lifecycle management using agile, waterfall etc.
- Team player
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
- Strong team building skills
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to be objective