Flexible across all sites
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to provide daily operational support activities including incident & problem management of our portfolio of systems, and the development and maintenance of software and hardware solutions to business requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 3rd line support for all line of business systems and infrastructure
- Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party suppliers and support providers
- Prepare and maintain systems architecture diagrams to document and facilitate support for all systems.
- Working with the Information Security team, ensure the security of data, networks, and backup systems.
- Project manage hardware and software configuration upgrades.
- Identify problematic systems/issues and propose and implement strategic solutions.
- Evaluate possible solutions and new technologies, including cost/benefit analyses to identify and recommend the strategic solution.
- Feed into the overall IT budgeting process to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Utilise the Service Desk system to log work and assist with resolving escalated end-user issues of all natures as required.
- Demonstrate drive and enthusiasm, innovating and working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard.
- Manage, support and coach other engineers in the team at a technical level.
- Act as an escalation point for out of hours calls on a rota
- Support the continuous improvement of systems and services across all business functions.
- Support the company’s internal and networking services.
Experience and Knowledge:
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have many of the following skills:
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge & experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Up.
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory; GPO ADFS, Azure AD, etc.
- Demonstrable working knowledge & experience in Firewalls
- Network troubleshooting skills including packet capture and analysis
- Understanding or experience in Extreme Networks / Avaya / Nortel technologies (or equivalent)
- Strong understanding and significant experience in installing, configuring and managing virtualisation technologies, including VMware vCenter, Hyper-V, Citrix, Remote Desktop Services.
- Understanding of cloud-based wireless and wired network management solutions
- Appropriate academic or industry qualifications / certifications
- Experience of administering Office 365 (including Microsoft Teams)
- Experience of administering Azure
- Experience of using PowerShell for scripting automations / integrations
- The ability to develop requirements into fully realised systems
- Backup and Disaster Recovery management experience, site recovery and data replication technologies
- Experience building and deploying PC images at scale – e.g. via SCCM or Citrix Machine Creations Services
- Endpoint management, MDM, SCCM, Intune
- Understanding and experience of administering an enterprise-grade phone system, e.g. Avaya Aura Elite, Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Session Border Controllers and Voice Routing.
- Patch Management
- Mentorship of junior colleagues
- Working knowledge & experience in relevant LAN / WAN, routing and switching technologies such as: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, VRF, Policy Based Routing, Linux
Here at Carpenters group diversity and inclusion matters, it is integral to our culture and we welcome applications from everyone. We celebrate difference and believe in equal opportunities for all.
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working model (in relevant role)
- 2 x Volunteering days to support charitable initiatives
- Matched Giving – up to £250 matched for personal charity fundraising for a registered charity
- Medicash cash plan – claim back dental / physio / optical appointments
- My Medicash App – including access to rapid digital physiotherapy and skin cancer screening assessments plus fitness videos and wellbeing tools
- Discounts and cash back on travel and shopping through Medicash extras
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- Funded driving theory test (in relevant role)
- Active network of Wellbeing Champions – providing mental health support
- Training and development opportunities
- Funded social events to connect with your colleagues
- Dress for your day policy