Flexible across all sites
At home working available for this role
Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, adhering to the agile development approach employed by the development team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake Visualfiles development; working on development projects, solutions and fixes on own and as part of a team.
- Work closely with our in-house Business Analysis team to deliver projects, solutions and fixes in a timely manner and to required standard.
- Produce clear, concise documentation evidencing changes made to workflows in a way that is easy for both team members and other members of the IT department to follow.
- To code review the teams work, provide feedback and guidance when required.
- To proactively suggest improvements that could be made to the software and / or working practices.
- Provide initial and ongoing support to end users and our in-house Training Teams post implementation.
- Work closely with other members of the IT development and support teams to offer integrated solutions.
- Share responsibility within the Visualfiles Development team to resolve service desk tickets with a clear focus on customer satisfaction.
- To act on own initiative but also be aware of when to escalate matters to line manager / Development manager.
- Provide regular updates to line manager regarding status of developments currently working on and partake and contribute in the daily stand-up.
- Adopt a flexible and proactive approach as may need to work on ad-hoc projects as and when required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience developing all aspects of the Visualfiles system, or another case management system such as Proclaim.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good analytical and organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- A flexible individual with good planning skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be professional and credible with technical and non-technical people
- Knowledge/experience of using C# and SQL Server Management Studio.
- A background in Legal and / or Insurance sectors would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.