Birch House - Seacombe
*Position will require 2/3 days in the office*
Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, adhering to the agile development approach employed by the development team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake Visualfiles development; working on development projects, solutions and fixes on own and as part of a team.
- Work closely with our in-house Business Analysis team to deliver projects, solutions and fixes in a timely manner and to required standard.
- Produce clear, concise documentation evidencing changes made to workflows in a way that is easy for both team members and other members of the IT department to follow.
- To code review the teams work, provide feedback and guidance when required.
- To proactively suggest improvements that could be made to the software and / or working practices.
- Provide initial and ongoing support to end users and our in-house Training Teams post implementation.
- Work closely with other members of the IT development and support teams to offer integrated solutions.
- Share responsibility within the Visualfiles Development team to resolve service desk tickets with a clear focus on customer satisfaction.
- To act on own initiative but also be aware of when to escalate matters to line manager / Development manager.
- Provide regular updates to line manager regarding status of developments currently working on and partake and contribute in the daily stand-up.
- Adopt a flexible and proactive approach as may need to work on ad-hoc projects as and when required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience developing all aspects of the Visualfiles system, or another case management system such as Proclaim.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good analytical and organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- A flexible individual with good planning skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be professional and credible with technical and non-technical people
- Knowledge/experience of using C# and SQL Server Management Studio.
- A background in Legal and / or Insurance sectors would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.