ULR Litigation Legal Advisor
Birkenhead, Liverpool, Haywards Heath or Leeds
Salary: Circa £21,000 - £24,000
To have day to day conduct of a caseload of ULR pre/post litigated small claims.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To progress the caseload in an appropriate and timely manner, making use of the firms Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices
- To assess liability at all times and to ensure that at all times the client and source receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice and that they are kept fully informed on the progress of the claim
- To settle claims as soon as is possible or prepare to issue for transfer to the Litigation Team
- To achieve and exceed all targets set
- To deal with post, telephone calls and e-mails expeditiously and to ensure that not worked on lists and to do lists are kept up to date.
- To be available to Team Managers to deal with any ad hoc issues that may arise.
- To refer on to other appropriate managers any matters or issues which are outside the scope of your responsibility.
- Actively and positively promote and represent the Carpenters group throughout the firm, and to external bodies
- To develop and maintain the relevant skills necessary to provide successful and effective service to clients and sources.
- To keep up to date with all relevant case law and legislation
- To participate in training sessions when required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of Personal Injury or Insurance
- An ability to work in an organised manner
- Excellent client care and communication skills
- Experience of working with a case management system
- An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
- An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Good IT/Keyboard skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good team working skills
Here at Carpenters group diversity and inclusion matters, it is integral to our culture and we welcome applications from everyone. We celebrate difference and believe in equal opportunities for all.
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working model (in relevant role)
- 2 x Volunteering days to support charitable initiatives
- Matched Giving – up to £250 matched for personal charity fundraising for a registered charity
- Medicash cash plan – claim back dental / physio / optical appointments
- My Medicash App – including access to rapid digital physiotherapy and skin cancer screening assessments plus fitness videos and wellbeing tools
- Discounts and cash back on travel and shopping through Medicash extras
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- Funded driving theory test (in relevant role)
- Active network of Wellbeing Champions – providing mental health support
- Training and development opportunities
- Funded social events to connect with your colleagues
- Dress for your day policy